RAD shaping up for the future
Founded in 1841, the Royal Association for Deaf People (RAD) is one of the largest and oldest Deaf organisations in England.
RAD has grown steadily in size and geographical spread but, like many charities, we recognise that the future will become increasingly challenging; funding is reducing and the need for services is increasing.
In order to ensure that we are in the best position to deal with these challenges we have taken a bold decision to restructure our senior team - and now have four Directors, each with an exciting role to prepare RAD for the future.
- Amanda Casson Webb – Director of Communication Services and Community Development email
- Amanda is responsible for ensuring that RAD Interpreting continues to deliver excellent communication services. In addition Amanda will also oversee our community development; making sure that RAD and its services are responsive to the needs and wants of Deaf people.
- Lesley Frearson – Director of Finance and Administration email
- Lesley is responsible for RAD’s support services including Finance, Human Resources, Information Technology, property rental and maintenance, reception and general administration. It is her responsibility to ensure that the support services continue to meet the needs of RAD and the external organisations that we provide back office support to.
- Rob Wilks – Director of Legal Services email
- Rob is responsible for RAD’s range of advice services – both free and paid for - including generalist advice and specialist legal advice through its Deaf Law Centre and Deaf Legal Enterprise Community Interest Company, delivered face to face locally and nationally via RAD’s webcam portal.
- Sue Mountford – Director of Services email
- Sue is responsible for the development and delivery of RAD’s advocacy service, employment and skills support, social care services; supporting adults with learning disabilities and/or mental health challenges and services that support children, families and young people. She is developing services to meet the unique and varied needs of our wide ranging client group.
We are proud of our organisation and the service that we offer to Deaf people. Our Vision is: Together with Deaf People; Creating a better future. Everyday we live this vision. We recognise that the needs of Deaf People are changing and that we need to change too.
We look forward to working with you and if you have any feedback about the services that we offer or services you would like that we don’t offer please let us know.
Photo, left to right: Sue Mountford, Rob Wilks, Jan Sheldon, Amanda Casson-Webb, Lesley Frearson