The Royal Association for Deaf people (RAD) are pleased to announce their partnership with Ixion: Connecting Choices to support Deaf adults (aged 18+) living in Essex, Stoke and Staffordshire who are unemployed to access employment support.
Who can we support?
You MUST be Deaf, aged 18+, have the right to work in the UK and have been unemployed for over 12 months.
You must also be living in one of the following areas:
- Staffordshire Moorlands
What support do we provide?
Our specialist employment advisors can support you with:
- Career guidance
- CV writing
- Personal statements
- Job searching
- Interview practice
- Support with Access to Work
- Job Skills Hub
- Information sharing
What difference can our service make to you?
- Feel motivated to make positive changes in your life linked to employment.
- Know what kind of work or learning you would like to do and have a plan to achieve it.
- Improve your skills for work such as timekeeping, job searching, form filling and team work.
- Increase your qualifications and experience including skills such as reading, writing and numeracy.
- Understand your strengths and have a positive attitude to employment and learning.
- Feel confident to access other services in the community independently.
- Improve your wellbeing, confidence, self-esteem and relationships.
Who is funding this?
This project is called Building Better Opportunities. The Big Lottery Fund is matching funds from the European Social Fund supporting projects across England to tackle poverty and promote social inclusion.
Ixion has partnered with RAD to ensure their Essex, Stoke and Staffordshire Building Better Opportunities contracts are accessible to Deaf people who meet the funding criteria.
How can you get in touch?
You can contact us in a number of ways:
SMS: 07851 423 866
Voice Phone: 0300 688 2525
Text Phone: 0300 688 2527
Fax: 0300 688 2526